To create this screen printing, I need to put the image that i want to print out on the machine. Then, mix the color you want to screen print. Always be careful when you use screen printing machine because it’s much heavy than you think try using both of your hand.
- Tape out screen
- Fix screen into the bench
- Mix ink
- Screen Print
- Clean up
– hand out from Screen Printing room
These are letter R and K that i decided to work on because it represent my nick name. I tried many method using angle techniques and scratch paper to make it looks good. To make letter press you need to be precise about the position of the letter where you want to placed it.
- Choose typeface, point size and weight.
- Set type using composing stick, move finished lines onto galley. Set upside down and from left to right.
- lock up on galley with furniture and magnets.
- If letters or blocks don’t print.
- Create paste-up of final designed piece using proofs from the hand gallery press.
- For printing on precision proofing presses.
- Cleaning up.
- Distributing type and spacing.